Serving Size: 4
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 pound (454 g) Brussels sprouts, sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Juice of 1 lemon
1. Heat 11/2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Add the Brussels sprouts and sauté for 6 to 8 minutes until crispy and tender, stirring frequently.
3. Stir in the garlic and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Sprinkle with the salt and lemon juice.
4. Remove from the large-sized skillet to a plate and set aside.
5. Heat the remaining oil in the large-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Crack the eggs one at a time into
the skillet and fry for about 3 minutes. Flip the eggs and continue cooking, or until the egg whites are set
and the yolks are cooked to your liking.
6. Serve the fried eggs over the crispy Brussels sprouts.
7. Tip: The Brussels sprouts, like other brassica vegetables, can be prepared ahead of time when you are free
and kept in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Nutritional Value: Calories 157; Fat 8.9g; Carbohydrates 11.8g; Protein 10.1g