Omelet with Turmeric
Serving Size: 2
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 quarter teaspoon brown mustard seeds turmeric powder
2 green onions, finely chopped
¼ cup diced plum tomato
Dash of black pepper
1. Whisk the eggs and salt together.
2. In a large-sized pan, heat oil over medium heat.
3. Use mustard and turmeric seeds. Stir constantly for approximately about 30 seconds or until the seeds
4. Add the onions and cook for 30 seconds or until tender, stirring constantly. Add the tomatoes. Cook for 1
minute until very tender.
5. Pour the bowl with the egg mixture. Spread evenly. Cook until the actual edges of the eggs are set.
6. Slide the edges of the spatula between the edges of the omelet and the plate. Carefully lift the edges of the
omelet by tilting the pan so that it comes in contact with the egg mixture— the same procedure from the
7. Continue cooking until the setting is ready. Loosen the omelet and fold it in half with a spatula. Carefully
slide the omelet onto the plate. Cut the omelet in half and sprinkle with pepper.
Nutritional Value: Calories 216; Fat 16.9g; Carbohydrates 14g; Protein 13.3g