Savory Egg Muffins
Serving Size: 6
Cooking Time: 33 minutes
1 ½ cups of water
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 6 oz package stove, top lower-sodium stuffing mix for chicken
3 oz bulk pork sausage
6 eggs, beaten
½ cup (1.5 oz) Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
½ cup finely chopped red bell pepper
¼ cup of sliced green onions
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Boil 1½ cups of water and the butter. Mix the ingredients. Cover, remove from heat and let stand for 5
3. Use a spoon to fluff the filling. Leave it for 10 minutes.
4. Cook the sausages in a small skillet over medium heat until they brown and cool. Stir to break.
5. Press about ¼ cup into the bottom and sides of 12 oil-coated muffin cups.
6. Pour in eggs equal to cups of filling. Top the eggs evenly with cheese, ham, peppers, and green onions if
7. Bake the muffins at 400°F for 18-20 minutes.
8. Let stand 5 minutes before eating. Loosen the glass muffin with a thin, sharp knife along the edge.
9. Remove from the casserole dish. Serve immediately.
Nutritional Value: Calories 292; Fat 16.7g; Carbohydrates 12g; Protein 14.6g