Chicken Nacho Casserole
Serving Size: 1
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
1 non-stick cooking spray
2 tsp. chili powder
1/2 tsp. cumin
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
2/3 cup cheddar cheese (reduced-fat, shredded)
1/8 tsp. black pepper
1 lb. chicken breasts (boneless, skinless, cut into small pieces)
1 can fire-roasted tomatoes (15 oz., diced)
1 cup black beans (no salt added, drained and rinsed)
1 1/2 oz. baked tortilla chips (crushed, (or about 24)
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Use cooking spray to spray a 2 1/2 qt. baking dish.
3. Season the chicken with black pepper.
4. Use cooking spray to spray a large sauté pan and heat over medium-high.
5. Add the chicken. Then cook for about 8 minutes.
6. Add the black beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, garlic powder, and cumin to the pan.
7. Reduce the heat to low. Then simmer for about 5 minutes.
8. Pour the prepared chicken mixture into the baking dish.
9. Sprinkle cheese on top. Then top with the crushed tortilla chips.
10. Bake until the cheese is melted for about 12 minutes.
Nutritional Value: Calories 210; Fat 6g; Carbohydrates 25g; Protein 23g