Air Fryer Coconut Shrimp and Apricot Sauce
Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 8 minutes
454g shrimp, uncooked
83g sweetened coconut, shredded
106g bread crumbs
4 egg whites
3 dashes of hot sauce
¼ tbsp salt
¼ tbsp black pepper
63g all-purpose flour
For the Sauce:
320g apricot preserves
1 tbsp cider vinegar
¼ tbsp red pepper flakes, crushed
1. Preheat the air fryer to 190°C and grease the air fryer-safe pan with cooking spray.
2. Peel and devein the shrimp.
3. In a bowl, mix the coconut and the breadcrumbs.
4. Whisk the eggs, hot sauce, salt, and pepper in a separate bowl.
5. Place the flour in a different bowl.
6. Coat the shrimp with flour, then dip in the egg and finally coat with the coconut mixture.
7. Arrange the shrimps on the air fryer pan.
8. Cook the shrimp for 8 minutes, turning them halfway during the cooking.
9. Meanwhile, prepare a sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
10. Cook the sauce over medium heat, occasionally stirring, until all the preserves melt.
11. Plate the shrimp and serve with the sauce.
Nutrition-Per Serving: Calories: 410Kcal, Total Fat: 10g, Carbs: 57g, Protein: 24g
Variation: Favourite sauce can be prepared.